As part of this project we obtain records from a number of 'core' data sources able to provide regular input including for instance RSPCA and SSPCA Inspectors, Forestry Enterprise & National Trust Wildlife Rangers, Trunk Road management companies, Police and Road Safety Partnerships and many others.
However - In order to gain as full a picture as possible of the extent of minor as well as major traffic accidents and road casualties involving deer, we are in addition inviting input from :
- Any individual deer managers, management group, or wildlife resuce teams who are called to deal with injured deer at roadsides.
- Ecological Surveyors who may come across deer carcasses during road habitats survey work.
- ....and indeed ANY individual members of the public who have either been involved in traffic accidents with deer or have seen a deer road casualty.
If you have any information on a deer road casualty or deer related traffic collision, you can chose to report these in a range of ways that best suits you, using:
- EITHER: - Internet On-line reporting form - click here
- OR: - OhDeer Free Smart Phone APP - now discontinued
- OR: - Multiple records download-form - click here
With increasing numbers of Wild Boar roaming the countryside, any traffic collisions with wild boar , and indeed other large animals can also be reported via our record 'form page'